Episode 207 - Chocolate Chip Cookies and Ice Cream
Hi friends and foodies, and welcome to Taylor Thyme Season 2!
Some notes before we get started:
- For this recipe we used a stand mixer with the paddle/whisk attachment but mixing by hand will work just fine (except for the ice cream , you definitely want to use a mixer for this!)
- Baking is a fun adventure for all ages, but kids should always have adult supervision when in the kitchen.
- All ingredients should be used at room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat eggs and vanilla extract until well mixed.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Pint Homestead Creamery Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Mix together your flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add into the electric mixer.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Spoon chocolate chip cookie mixture into tiny round baking pans. Feel free to add more chocolate chips into the center for a nice chocolatey center.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
For the homemade Ice Cream:
- With the whisk attachment on the mixer, whip up heavy cream until medium/hard peaks are formed.
- Stir in by hand the sweetened condensed milk until well mixed together.
- On low speed for the mixer, stir in vanilla bean paste until mixed together.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Serve a scoop of your homemade ice cream with your chocolate chip cookie! Enjoy!
Be sure to visit Homestead Creamery for any of your dairy/ice cream needs!
Get a printer friendly version the recipe HERE.