Episode 206 - Oreo Cheesecake Cones
Hi friends and foodies, and welcome to Taylor Thyme Season 2!
Some notes before we get started:
- For this recipe we used a stand mixer with the paddle attachment but mixing by hand will work just fine.
- You will need piping bags and your choice of decorating tips for the cream cheese filling. Get creative and try a fun design!
- Baking is a fun adventure for all ages, but kids should always have adult supervision when in the kitchen.
- All ingredients should be used at room temperature.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Waffle cones
- Chocolate for melting (white or milk chocolate)
- Oreo cookies
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in heavy cream.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate for 30 second increments until smooth. Dip the top of each waffle cone into the chocolate, then into the cookie crumbs to create a rim. With a spoon spread a thin layer of chocolate inside the waffle cone. Place cones on a parchment lined baking sheet to set.
- Fold the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs into the cheesecake mixture. Spoon or pipe the cheesecake filling into each cone, then top with desired garnishes. Refrigerate until cheesecake is set, about 2 hours.
Get a printer friendly version the recipe HERE.